I don’t know why I’m writing this; is it because I miss my mother or because I want to tell the world what she meant to me?. Maybe It’s because I can’t just get over her death.
My mum was the best mother in the world. She never gave me a life that the world considers to be the best, but I have come to realize that what she gave me is only second to none; she paid the highest price.
There are over a million reasons why I miss my mum, but I will only list five of them here. You can also add yours if you want to.
1. The very day my mum died, I lost something – her protection.
Before her demise, there was always someone to run to in times of trouble, and someone to stand for me and protect me when disaster comes my way. That someone is my Mother. Mum you are always on my mind, I miss you.
2. She was my provider. Yes! My provider. Be it food, clothe, shoe or money, she always make sure I get what she think is right for me (not what I think is right for me). She was not rich (not even in the middle class), but she was satisfied with with she had – and out of it she gave me the best. I miss you mum.
3. She was my best friend. Nobody! Nobody has taken her place after thirteen years. I can tell her how I feel, vent my anger on her, run out of the house and come back to her, share my secrets with her without fear and rely on her for the best advice.
She would scold me when I go wrong, flog me with the one hand (when It’s necessary) and draw me closer with the other. She was my best friend, I miss her friendship.
4. I always come first. She never told me and nobody did, but sitting here today and looking at all the decisions she took yesterday, I can now see that everything was about my tomorrow. I really miss those days that everything was about me.
5. She was the definition of love to me. I don’t know how to put it, but I do know that out of that bright dark lovely woman, love flooded out and swept me into its ocean – It’s very heart. There is no other love like yours mum, I miss it, I miss you.
Feel free to add yours in the comment box below.
Please follow me on Twitter
Posted by Abah Linson Igoche